28 December 2005

I scrubbed tubs and toilets today. An accomplishment few notice until the toilet smells or the tub grows black. We only notice if it is not done.

I know there is more that I can do--but I don’t know how to find the work that puts me to good use. (And pays me and provides health insurance.)

I am good at offering specific compliments. I am good at caring for babies and small children. I am good at calming adults in distress. I am good at prioritizing. I am good at walking, exploring. I am good at basic descriptive astronomy. I have basic birding skills. I can edit. I’m a good driver. Talented at Freecell, Backgammon, word games. Good and creative Googler. I can cook a healthy meal--a delicious meal, fresh, and nourishing to the eye as well as the body and palate. I can stand on my head. I can hold my breath. I swim a strong breast stroke. I can run. Shoot hoops. Take a nicely composed photo. Recognize a good photo, piece of art or writing. Read aloud with clear diction. Act a variety of roles as long as I have the script in hand. Work with dreams and sand tray creations. Write an effective letter. String a guitar. Set up a tent.

Anyone got a job for me?

No comments: