03 January 2006

This is the third time I’ve started this sentence. I don’t know how to write about what happened this morning, except that it was spiritual and deeply reassuring.

Of course after i experienced the gift, i started to take it apart and doubt its veracity. Analyzing how the brain might work to ignite such an experience. I tried to dismiss it, not wanting to be called crazy, but now I’m trying to be honest.

All I know is that i was close to a source of love and light, and I got to know that love and light for a few moments.

That sounds trite and new age and so be it. If it sounds that way, it’s just because my resources of description are inadequate.

An experience of not being alone, of belonging, of being cared about. An experience of all-understanding comfort.

If it was God, it was God in a surprised form, a small female human form. A God with shabby dark bangs and unaware of her light.

No comments: