28 September 2006

The contrary human mind: A missed good-bye, 6 mosquitoes, and a son’s broken finger later, I am sitting, cheerful as a duck. It’s possibly my last night here with electricity, so I have the balcony Xmas lights on:
green red yellow green yellow yellow blue

Maybe it was the yoga facing the lights making my spine happy, or learning our son was ok after a few hours in ER. Good news after bad more exhilerating than good news alone.

I certainly have loved this place with the east-facing windows that greet the sun each morning. The bird impressions on the glass. The squirrel who snoozes stretched out like he’s sunning on a beach. The personable tree closest to the railing. The light that flows the whole length of the place, east to west, then west to east, trembling with the movement of leaves. The hummer that perches on a snag near the window. The high school band music that floats in on fall mornings.

It’s been a good space.

No comments: