27 October 2006

This blog entry is flying through the airwaves from Nervous Dog Coffee on Mission Avenue due to numerous human and mechanical difficulties over the past week. Hey, but it's a gorgeous day.

What I have learned includes the following:
San Francisco is such a walkable city. Sidewalks and pedestrian bridges everywhere. A half hour's walk connected the points of the city for me more directly than a week's driving had. From Chenery, accidentally found Monterrey near where I first lved, and then Glen Canyon Park rec area, where the Wednesday morning bo class takes place.

Late yesterday afternoon, I walked to Glen Park again. High, high in the eucalyptus trees,two great horned owls, a male and a female, call and response, call and response.

Echoing an entry I'd just transposed from over a year ago, two eastern screech owls, a male and a female, call and response.

Sometimes I've been lost since I've been here. But Tuesday late in the night, I turned too early onto Mission and I went a couple of blocks down the narrow dark mystery street I was on. I u-turned, and as I u-turned, saw I was on Mission after all. U-turned again, and all was good.

Sometimes we think we're lost, when we're not lost at all.

No comments: