03 April 2007

It’s not that it’s terribly complicated--but there are nuances in judging when the sauce is the right consistency, how to season it, what size to cut the vegetables, how much filling will be just the right amount for the crust.

I made a chicken pie tonight--leftover chicken, green beans, potatoes, onion, carrot, celery in a white sauce--but I can’t share how I make it. I make it differently every time. Results are not consistent--there’s some chance involved--but tonight, it came out quite good, the crust very tender, flaky, and evenly browned. The chicken melted in the mouth.

I’m happy to have someone to cook for. Good food has a certain magic. People expand and relax with each other under its influence--its aromas, its textures. We are physical beings who experience the spirit in physical ways.


04-02-07

No comments: