19 April 2006

I am wearing a button-down dark brown blouse and plaid slacks. After work I took off the silver circle pin and watch. My life is, and always has been, pretty contained. Adventures eked from within the prefab structures of school, work or family vacations. So many many years the reliable responsible student and worker, the reliable responsible wife and mom. But we don’t really know what goes on in anyone’s head nor heart, do we.

I think of myself as wild, but am coming to see the wild part of my life has been inside my head which nobody sees, and through my largely unpublished writing which few people read. I sweat about most of the entries I post here. I am embarrassed that I write about me.

Some rebellion against old strait-laced habits is going on here. A thirst for spiritual wildness. It’s roiling in me sub-surface. Who knows what may bust out? It’s nigh time isn’t it.

No comments: