22 November 2006

From my 3rd level perch, I see a goldfinch in the top of a tree, three gulls circling, two crosses, one on each steeple of St. John's, and lots of pale-colored houses shoulder to shoulder on the hillsides. Emma the calico is curled and snoozing atop a bin in the hazed sunlight. I had a class at Washington High School last night, and one at Glen Park this morning. I love my teachers--they are beautiful and deep. I worked today on fududachi, a solid stance from which you are not easily tilted off balance. My homework from last night is to practice a longer, more solid gait. These things should keep me from floating off like a helium balloon. Landlady brings me newspapers, friends send eye-candy angels and poems, give drawing lessons and just check in. The owner of Nervous Dog gave us samples of apricot-apple pastry. So many thoughtful, intricately designed people. We balance the day-to-day awkwardnesses with peaceful intent. There's travel early tomorrow, and a lot to do this afternoon, but I am thankful now.

No comments: