10 March 2007

I’m glad to be here with my parents. You think you know everything they can teach you, and then they surprise you with something new.

I don’t know who the Magician is, but rabbits are bounding out of hats. Windows appearing where there were none.

This morning I took my bo outside. The sun filtered through fog and the great oak tree, the pecan trees. Violets and tiny strawberries deep in the grass. Cars flying by to the west of me, the pasture to the east, woods and tangled brush to the north, the house to the south. There are new pale green leaves on the saplings. The spring air misty and fragrant. I started my solo practice. Trotting around the yard: ichi, ni, san, shi...

offered to all of the Pac-Shin teachers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Linda. Connie

linda said...

Thank you, Connie!