07 June 2007






It’s not all about you.

Sometimes bad to hear, sometimes good.

I’ve spent time these past weeks working on a project, and every step forward I took, I was thrown back three. Think trying to move one little stone, and having a boulder appear that must be moved out of the way first. Then another boulder. You climb the boulder, you go around the boulder. Time passes and the little stone is still unmoved. All the boulders crash, and you must clear them out and start over again. Time passes. You’ve aimed all your energy toward moving the first little stone, and it’s still sitting there weeks later, as though you’ve done nothing.

I’d overestimated my capability. Or maybe my intelligence or drive. Maybe I was just lazy, or couldn’t do anything in my whole life right.

Today I learned the little stone in its present setting could not be moved. Period. Incompatible operating system. Oh.

Good to hear, it's not all about me.

It’s not all about you.

No comments: