11 April 2006

First the phone call about taxes. Then, my son wanted me to watch a program about trying to win a million dollars. Deal or No Deal. Yhen I got an email advising ‘follow the $$$$$$$$$$.’ And a phone call just now inviting me to take part in a survey about financial advice. Since that seems to be what’s on my agenda, I asked my timely caller/expert, Jared, if I’d learn anything by participating in his survey. He laughed, said I would. But after 3 questions, he was done and I said but wait, what did I learn? He laughed again, said if I’d answered the last question differently...

He quickly figured out what I knew from the getgo. I am not consumer material for whatever he was marketing.

People hint I am naive. I admit I have been confused. But I’m beginning to think that’s because I’ve been trying to look outside rather than inside myself regarding money.

Maybe following the money is not for me.

Maybe my own instincts are quite sound. I have never followed the money, and that seems to have worked so far.

So I hereby advise myself: Listen to your heart. Do what’s right. Share what you’ve got. Follow light.

And Jared's welcome to that advice if he’d like. It's all I know.

No comments: